Hello, from Planet Brouhaha!
Gargleck and The Raglamon Adventurers each have a unique talent they bring to playtime. They’re excited to get to know you and find out what playing on Earth is like!
- In late 2013, I started making puppets to step up my comedy game by trying something new. The first puppet that I created was Gargleck, a bubbly optimist and the current mascot of Playn’at Toys.
- In spring 2015, Gargleck first appeared at Art All Night in Lawrenceville.
- In fall 2015, our improvised comedy show was born with a new orange fiery character Barbol and went under the name “Stranded with Strangers” to signify the characters being stuck on a foreign world with alien strangers.
- Throughout 2016, additions were made to the team, flushing out a whole range of characters.
- In Fall 2016, we created some digital content, this is one area that we can continue to grow to promote the whole business as we move forward.
- On New Year’s Eve 2016, we performed on the comedy stage at First Night Pittsburgh. This was the first time our characters performed for kids and they LOVED it.
- In 2017, we went into the planning phases for a complete plush toy line and early concepts for a toy store.
- Late 2017, our first plush toy of Gargleck was manufactured, packaged, and ready to go!
- 2018 – Playn’at Toys was officially formed and we changed the name of our performance group from “Stranded with Strangers” to “Gargleck and The Raglamon Adventurers”.